DNV GL Merger Approved
The new company DNV GL has started operating as one company with effect from 12 September 2013. DNV GL forms the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society, a leading technical advisor to the oil & gas industry and a leading expert for the electrical power industry value chain including renewables. DNV GL also takes the position as one of the top three certification bodies in the world.
A Global Leader
DNV GL is:
- the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society and a recognised advisor for the maritime industry
- a world-leading independent provider of risk management, technical advisory and technical assurance services to the upstream oil & gas industry
- a world-leading provider of testing, certification and advisory services to companies in the electrical power value chain
- a world-leading provider of software for managing risk and improving asset performance in the energy, process and maritime industry
- and one of the leading certification bodies in the world
The merging companies both present leading market positions, complementary commercial strengths and an acknowledged reputation for premium quality and integrity. DNV GL comprises about 16.000 employees across 300 sites in more than 100 countries with revenues of EUR 2,500 million.
What the merger means:
- Our customers will benefit from an even denser global network and infrastructure of sites that will be second to none within the main industries
- The DNV GL global service offering will now be even broader and deeper, providing our customers with more resources and enhanced capabilities wherever they may be in the world
- DNV and GL customers will maintain the same contact points in DNV and GL as the integration moves forward
- All certificates and approvals from DNV and GL will remain valid
In the coming months, DNV GL will accelerate integration processes to ensure consistent and continuous service operations, avoiding any business interruption for customers.
What the future holds:
The DNV GL growth strategy is centred on safeguarding life, property and the environment. The vision that drives us is to have a global impact for a safe and sustainable future through our services and products. This is what guides DNV GL’s priorities to:
- Be world-leading in all targeted segments
- Provide classification, certification, verification services and expert advise that enable customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their operations
- Develop leading technology and operations risk expertise
- Invest in research and development as well as collaborative innovation in partnership with key customers and stakeholders