The new company DNV GL has started operating as one company with effect from 12 September 2013. DNV GL forms the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society, a leading technical advisor to the oil & gas industry and a leading expert for the electrical power industry value chain. DNV GL also takes the position as one of the top three certification bodies in the world.
The merger between DNV and GL is now approved and the new company - DNV GL – is operational from September 12, 2013.
DNV GL is:
- the world’s largest ship classification society and a recognised advisor for the maritime industry
- a world-leading independent provider of risk management, technical advisory and technical assurance services to the upstream oil & gas industry
- a world-leading provider of testing, certification and advisory services to companies in the electrical power value chain
- a world-leading provider of software for managing risk and improving asset performance in the energy, process and maritime industry
- and one of the leading certification bodies in the world
DNV GL comprises about 17,000 employees across 300 sites in more than 100 countries, and have revenues of EUR 2,500 million per year.
GL Group consists of three major business fields: ship classification, oil and gas, and renewables.
Our vision is to become a world class technical advisor and trusted partner in assurance, consulting and classification. Our mission is to do so safer, greener and smarter. Our values of enhancing trust, embracing change and delivering results will make it all possible.
We offer efficient and innovative world-class high quality service and commercially sound solutions for our clients.
Biographies and photos of the Executive Board: Mr Erik van der Noordaa, Dr Joachim Segatz, and Mr Pekka Paasivaara.
About 7000 people in 80 countries and more than 200 stations make up the GL Group community. Take a look at our worldwide skill map, revenue and fleet in service.