About Germanischer Lloyd (GL)
Germanischer Lloyd Ship Classification - Maritime Service
GL offers traditional classification services as well as expert advice, consultancy, advanced engineering, certification, training and software solutions. GL maritime experts are advisors to governments, IMO, flag states and port states.
DNV GL is:
- the world’s largest ship classification society and a recognised advisor for the maritime industry
- a world-leading independent provider of risk management, technical advisory and technical assurance services to the upstream oil & gas industry
- a world-leading provider of testing, certification and advisory services to companies in the electrical power value chain
- a world-leading provider of software for managing risk and improving asset performance in the energy, process and maritime industry
- and one of the leading certification bodies in the world
DNV GL comprises about 17,000 employees across 300 sites in more than 100 countries, and have revenues of EUR 2,500 million per year.
The GL Group has received a combined certificate of compliance with the BS OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards after successfully passing an integrated management system audit conducted by the German certification body DQS. The Group is the first technical advisor for assurance, consulting, classification and certification to receive such a combined matrix certificate.