Overview & Download
POSEIDON is GL’s computer based structural design and analysis tool for shipyards, design offices, owners and operators. It's user friendly interface, it's rich features and intuitive processes facilitates the rapid development and analysis of hull structures.
POSEIDON was developed by ship builders for ship builders. Its logical, intuitive structure and user friendly interface can be used by anyone familiar with PC’s and ship design. POSEIDON is a great tool for reducing planned maintenance costs and minimizing unscheduled structural repairs.
How do you benefit from using POSEIDON?
Concentrate on designing – not obtuse operating instructions. Obtain the results of the FE analysis early in the design stage. Start saving design hours by getting the POSEIDON advantage for your design office. Improve your life cycle costs and specify POSEIDON for your newbuildings. POSEIDON improves productivity and lowers costs of structural design. POSEIDON improves ship quality and yard productivity by promoting the optimised distribution and weight of structural material and speeds approval time through electronic transfer and processing. POSEIDON cuts cost of planned maintenance and helps Shipyards and Design Offices to avoid unscheduled repairs.
The features of POSEIDON
- A design tool that can be used throughout the engineering process
- Minimal training – no specialised knowledge of FE techniques needed
- Modelling and analysis of complex midship sections in less than a day
- Rapid changes in structural layout promote the optimization of the design
- GL scantling rules based on first principle design methods
- Direct analysis using finite element techniques and user definable loads
- Modelling of complete symmetrical or asymmetrical hull structures to ice class
- Special tools are included for hatch cover assessment
More POSEIDON features
POSEIDON supports GL’s Rational Ship Design (RSD) class notation which can help operators to better plan maintenance. The utilization factors and explicit corrosion margins assist the operator in planning coating and plate renewal strategies. The ships data file can also be used in association with GL’s Emergency Response Service (ERS) to assist operations in coping with casualties. To learn more about this useful software, please take a look at “More about POSEIDON” at the right side of this webpage.